All packaging items offered by PedidosYa officially fullfill the following standards and hence can be called 100% sustainable
1. Sustainable packaging must be made from 100% agricultural byproducts
2. Paper-based products should be avoided to all extents possible. Where no other option is available, paper must be FSC or PEFC certified with a plan to move to agricultural byproducts.
3. Only double green polymers (PLA, CPLA, PHB) are considered sustainable and their use should be limited to lids and the liquid and oil proofing of packaging containers.
4. Sustainable packaging does not contain Perfluoroalkoxy Alkanes (PFA's) additives, coatings or laminates.
5. Sustainable packaging made from agricultural byproducts must be 100% compostable in a non-industrial setting within 26 weeks.
6. Sustainable packaging made from double green polymers (PLA, CPLA, PHB) must be 100% compostable in an industrial setting within 26 weeks.
7. Only plant-based dyes may be used for branding purposes.